I love digital marketing, public relations, and social media. I enjoy producing content for the web in any way possible — specifically content marketing and social media. Deadlines, fast-paced projects, collaborating with my team– this is where I thrive. I want to talk to people, listen, and be the voice of exciting and innovative campaigns. I love thinking outside of the box and excel in customer service. I never say no to a client because I know I can brainstorm my way out of any problem. I know what gets media attention (because that used to be me!) and I know how to amplify your reach on social media, build your brand, and make campaigns that work.
George Brown College – Toronto, ON
Marketing Certificate (2016)
University of King’s College- Halifax, NS September 2007-May 2011
Combined Bachelor of Journalism and Political Science Honors.
Scotiabank – February 2016 – February 2017
Senior Manager, Canadian Marketing, Brand & Advertising
I currently work on the Canadian Marketing, Brand and Advertising team as a Senior Manager. I’m responsible for overseeing all marketing campaigns for our new branch openings across Canada. To date, I have launched over 18 individual campaigns.
A summary of what I do:
- Lead the strategy and implementation of all national marketing and advertising campaigns for new Scotiabank branch openings in Canada
Responsible for creating and delivering KPIs on both digital marketing channels and sales channels. Reports all data and analytics on dashboards for executive socialization
- Responsible for executing successful digital advertising campaigns, as well as traditional media campaigns
- Project lead for Digital Adoption campaign, overseeing the creation and execution of 18 specialized videos and targeted media plan aimed at migrating customers and noncustomers to digital banking channels
- Oversees brand management in our physical network to ensure synergy across all channels
- Lead project teams and working groups of both internal partners and agencies, including vendor management such as creative, media, public relations, events and technology vendors
Scotiabank – February 2016 – February 2017
Senior Manager, Communications, Transformation Strategy and Projects
As Senior Manager, Communications on the Transformation Strategy and Projects team, I helped launch two new concept branches in Canada. Tailored around the evolving needs of our customers, Scotiabank Express is for quick and easy banking, while Scotiabank Solutions is an advice and learning centre.
As Senior Manager, Communications I achieved the following:
- Aligned and implemented new customer-centric branch design and elements while maintaining Scotiabank’s brand integrity
Introduced two new branch archetypes, Scotiabank Express and Solutions into the Canadian market.
- Responsible for executing innovative digital tools, content experiences, and marketing initiatives to be scaled network wide for national roll out
- Lead the strategy and execution of all internal and external communications, including customer change management and acquisition
- Responsible for all executive socialization documents, including letters, blogs, announcements, and presentations
- Oversaw the development and deployment of targeted mass marketing and media planning strategy, including budgets, for new branch formats, taking into account different markets and customer acquisition needs
- Analyzed and summarized key performance metrics and analytics for new branch formats for executive socialization
LCPR – October 2015 – June 2016
Public Relations Intern
LCPR is an Electronic Dance Music boutique public relations agency founded in 2013 by Lindsay Cabrera.
My responsibilities include:
- Write press releases, track reviews, pitches, and interviews
- Develop media lists and complete media monitoring/clippings search
- Create media reports for clients
- Work on social media coordination as well as research on industry events and artists
- Event coordination with the team for our artists
- Update LCPR website and Godzilla Disco blog
Travelling – September 2014 – Sept 2015
To fund our travels, I also worked as an English as a second language kindergarten teacher at Adam Khoo English Centre, as well as at POLY Foreign Language Centre. I spent six months in Vietnam teaching the cutest and smartest kids in the entire world. I was responsible for lesson plans, games, testing, and receiving the best hugs.
ScribbleLive – October 2013 – September 2014
Client Success Manager
Scribble is the leading end-to-end content engagement platform that enables brands, sports organizations and media companies to drive engagement on their digital assets resulting in improved retention and acquisition of customers.
- Worked with a portfolio of media and corporate clients to maximize the value they get out of the ScribbleLive platform.
- Consulted and created real-time editorial content strategy, syndication and monetization strategies with media companies such as CBC, W Network, and Rogers Publishing.
- Held client-training sessions, created best practices, and consulted on always-on digital content marketing strategy for brands such as Ironman International.
- Was project manager for the implementation of our platform for new clients, which included onboarding, training, technical elements and development of a strategy that aligns with client goals (including increased engagement, SEO, time spent on page, and page views).
- Identified upsell opportunities and assisted our sales team with renewal deals while maintaining the client relationship.
- Worked with the content marketing team help connect media with brands.
Sun Media – November 2011 – October 2013
National Online Editor
- Wrote headlines, chose stories, edited and posted content on Canoe.ca, Sun Media’s SUN newspaper sites, and also community news websites across the country.
- Enhanced stories with tools such as polls, galleries, maps, videos, and related links with the objective of keeping our reader interested, on our site, and engaged.
- Wrote a weekly reality TV column every Saturday, which was featured in SUN papers across Canada.
- Wrote daily news write-ups, blog posts, and webhits.
- Ran live-blog events, created breaking news bundles, and worked with social media tools.
- Was responsible for using Google Analytics and choosing top stories based on data.
88Creative – November 2011 – September 2013 (Contract)
Social Media Manager
- As one of the first employees of 88Creative (then, SoMeDev), I worked with real estate clients creating and managing social media campaigns.
- Responsibilities included: Creating a social media calendar, writing blog posts, populating social media feeds, creating analytic reports, and meeting with clients.
Enflick Inc. – May 2011-Sept 2011 (Contract)
- Maintaining and posting content for three Twitter accounts (@enflick, @pingchat, @textnowapp)
- Maintaining and moderating three Facebook accounts (/Enflick, /PingChat, /TextNow)
- Maintaining and moderating two company blogs (WordPress).
- Creating video content for our YouTube channel (youtube.com/Enflick)
- Creating contests and engaging users.
- Customer support on a daily basis.
- Updating and creating content for the company webpage (HTML/SEO).
- Updating Google analytics for each page, blog, and specific analytics for each social media account.
The Dalhousie Gazette – September 2010- April 2011
- Coming up with story ideas, running story meetings, assigning stories and photographers, making priority lists, and staying in contact with contributors to ensure any problems are resolved.
- Editing stories, making headlines, subheads, cutlines, and choosing pull quotes.
- Writing stories, interviewing, taking photos and writing for my news stories, column writing, reviews, and arts stories.
- Anything and everything social media, such as: Blogging (WordPress, Tumblr), Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, ScribbleLive (live streaming and live blogging), timelines, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Vine, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Maps, iMovie … did I miss something?!
- Analytical tools and metrics such as Google analytics, Facebook Insights, Hootsuite Insights, Tweetdeck, SproutSocial, and Chartbeat. I can read and report on results and provide analysis.
- Trained in SEO/SEM, as well as Google Adwords.
- Able to write press releases, media lists, and communications/marketing reporting.
- Strong copy writer and copy editor.
- Managing social media and online communities, specifically in building brand loyalty and customer service.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Audio editing using Adobe and Audacity.
- Copy editing using CP style.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Video editing using iMovie and Final Cut.
- Fast and efficient research.
- Outgoing, and friendly, strong public speaking.
- Extremely efficient copy writer and editor, able to adapt to many different tones, voices, and styles of writing.
- Driven, passionate, and hard working.
- Specific interest in start-up companies and innovative teams
- Addicted to the Internet. Up-to-date on all things Reddit, Tumblr, meme-worthy, cats, viral videos, etc. The important stuff, right?
- Can create content and write insanely fast (it often creeps people out while impressing them at the same time, much like a hot dog eating competition).